This one's pretty simple: Carve the coolest Halo-related pumpkin you can think of. Please the community, win a prize.
This is similar to last year's Halo-ween Pumpkin Carving contest at Bungie.net, except
SketchFactor has dug up the finalists from last year's contest - you can find them on this page.
Due to the enormous generosity of a donor who prefers to remain nameless, we have a super-cool first prize for this contest:
Because you can't give away such a cool first prize and not have a runner-up prize, the second-place carver will go home with
Update, October 1: Thanks to Uncle Mato, we can even add a third prize:
1. Your picture must reach HBO HQ by midnight, Eastern time, October 31, 2004.
2. Your picture, if digital, must be at least 640x480 pixels.
3. Your picture cannot be digitally altered. If we even THINK it's digitally altered, we'll toss it. (Yeah, we stole that rule from Bungie. It's a good rule.)
4. Your picture must not have been entered in last year's contest at Bungie.net (or sent to us anytime since then; entries received before September 30 are void).
5. You must have a mailing address within the continental US or Canada. (Sorry about this one. The box is NTSC Region 1; you couldn't use it with normally-available games in Europe anyway.)
Entries will be judged by the Halo community. Images will be put up in a gallery, starting November 1, and will be accessible for voting for one week. Votes can be cast by anyone with a valid email address (but if we suspect ballot stuffing, we're tossing ALL your votes - again, don't even give us a REASON to suspect you). Winners will be announced sometime after November 9th.
This is a pure popularity contest - make a pumpkin everyone thinks is the coolest, you'll win.
How to Submit Your Entry (or entries):
You have three options for getting your contest entries to us:
After you have done one of these three things, you need to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in your e-mail:
Make sure that you include ALL of the information that we ask for. Incomplete entries will be discarded.
If you're sending us a photo or CD, mail it to:
343 Guilt O' Lantern